- Duolingo, HOVER, Ironclad, Orbital Insight, People.ai, Dataiku, DeepMap, Cobalt, Aktana, Chorus.ai, Noodle Analytics, Inc. (Noodle.ai), Signal AI, Augury, SparkCognition, and KONUX are the most likely to be recommended by their employees to friends looking for a machine learning startup to work for in 2020.
- 96% of the employees of the 15 highest rated machine learning startups would recommend their company to a friend looking for a new job, and 98% approve of their CEOs.
- Across all machine learning startups with Glassdoor ratings, 74% of employees would recommend the startup they work for to a friend, and 81% approve of their CEO.
- There are over 230 cities globally who have one or more machine learning startups in operation today with Crunchbase finding 144 in San Francisco, 60 in London, 69 in New York, 82 in Tel Aviv, 22 in Toronto, 20 in Paris, 18 in Seattle and the remainder distributed over 223 global locations.
These and many other insights are from a Crunchbase Pro analysis completed today using Glassdoor data to rank the best machine learning startups to work for in 2020. Demand reminds high for technical professionals with machine learning expertise. According to Indeed, Machine Learning Engineer job openings grew 344% between 2015 to 2018 and have an average base salary of $146,085 according to their Best Jobs In The U.S. Study. You can read the study shows that technical professionals with machine learning expertise are in an excellent position to bargain for the average base salary of at least $146,085 or more.
In response to readers’ most common requests of which machine learning startups are the best to work for, a Crunchbase Pro query was created to find all machine learning startups who had received Seed, Early Stage Venture, or Late Stage Venture financing. The 2,682 machine learning startups Crunchbase is tracking were indexed by Total Funding Amount by startup to create a baseline.
Next, Glassdoor scores of the (%) of employees who would recommend this company to a friend and (%) of employees who approve of the CEO were used to find the best startups to work for. 79 of the 150 machine learning startups have 15 or more Glassdoor reviews and are included in the analysis. 41 have less than 15 reviews and 30 have no reviews. The table below is a result of the analysis, and you can find the original Microsoft Excel data set here.
- Sysdig, Fivetran, Nuxeo, Cloudian, Mendix, StreamSets, Zscaler, Zoho, SAP, OutSystems, Kony, and Netskope are the most likely to be recommended by their employees to friends looking for a cloud computing company to work for in 2019.
- Cloud platform and development companies dominate the highest rated cloud businesses when indexed by the percent of employees who would recommend their company to a friend.
- Taken together, the 12 CEOs leading the top-rated cloud computing companies are approved by 98% of employees as of March 3, 2019, on Glassdoor. CEOs in this group include Thomas Hogan of Kony, Paulo Rosado of OutSystems, Bill McDermott of SAP, and Sridhar Vembu of Zoho.
These and many other insights are from an analysis completed today comparing Computer Reseller News’ 100 Coolest Cloud Computing Vendors of 2019 by their respective Glassdoor scores. The Computer Reseller News annual list of the 100 coolest cloud computing vendors is an impartial, 3rd party benchmark of the fastest-growing and most likely to hire cloud businesses expanding today. By far the most common request from Forbes readers is which cloud computing companies are the best to work for. The goal of this analysis is to provide readers with insights into which cloud computing companies best fit their skills and at the same time have a strong reputation based on feedback from existing employees.
Indexing the most interesting and fastest growing cloud computing companies by their Glassdoor scores and reputations is a great way to begin defining a long-term career growth strategy. One factor not quantified is how well of a fit an applicant is to company culture. Take every opportunity for in-person interviews, read Glassdoor ratings often and observe as much as possible about daily life in companies of interest to see if they are a good fit for your skills and strengths.
Using the 2019 CRN list as a baseline to compare the Glassdoor scores of the (%) of employees who would recommend this company to a friend and (%) of employees who approve of the CEO, the table below is provided. You can find the original dataset here. There are 15 companies on the CRN list that don’t have that many or any entries on Glassdoor, and they are excluded from the rankings shown below. You can find their mention in the original dataset. If the image below is not visible in your browser, you can view the rankings here.
The highest rated CEOs on Glassdoor as of March 3, 2019, include the following. Please click on the graphic and dataset to expand for easier reading.
The original dataset is shown below:
- Aconex Limited, The Trade Desk Inc. (NASDAQ: TTD), HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS), Talentica Software, Wix.com Ltd( (NASDAQ: WIX), Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), SAP AG ( NYSE: SAP), The Ultimate Software Group Inc (NASDAQ: ULTI), Extreme Networks Inc.,(NASDAQ: EXTR), Guidewire Software Inc., (NYSE: GWRE), AppFolio Inc.(NASDAQ: APPF) and Mimecast Limited are the software companies employees would most recommend to a friend today.
- CEOs who earn positive recommendations on their performance can improve the percentage of employees who recommend the company to friends by as much as 82% this year up from 70% in 2015.
These and other findings are based on an analysis of Glassdoor rankings of Software Magazine’s 2017 Software 500 list of the leading software companies globally. An Excel spreadsheet was first created using the 2017 Software 500 list as the basis of the Glassdoor company comparisons. Rankings from Glassdoor were added today for the (%) of employees who would recommend this company to a friend and (%) of employees who approve of the CEO.The Software 500 list was used to preserve impartiality in the rankings. The original data set the analysis is based on is available for download here in Microsoft Excel format.
To gain greater insights into the data sets a series of cross-tabulations and correlation analyses were done using IBM SPSS Statistics Version 25. The analysis shows CEOs have an even greater impact on improving their company’s recommendation scores, rising to 82% this year from 70% in 2015. The analysis also showed that companies who flood Glassdoor with fake reviews hit a wall around 10 posts, down from 15 in 2015. This doesn’t stop some companies from offering cash, prizes, and merchandise to their employees in exchange for positive reviews. Relying on Glassdoor and ideally in-office visits to see how a company culture is and how your potential boss treats others is ideal.
The following are the highest rated software companies to work for in 2018, based the (%) of employees who would recommend the company to a friend:
The following companies scored between 80% and 89% on the rating % of employees who would recommend this company to a friend:
Please see the entire data set for the rankings of all companies included in the Software Magazine 500 here in Microsoft Excel format.