The Best Tech Companies For Remote Jobs In 2020 According To Glassdoor
- Modern Tribe, CloudBeds, Dataiku, PartnerCentric, GitLab, Hotjar, HubSpot, PowerToFly, Close.io, Fuse, Databricks, eightfold.ai, Fortinet, and SAP are most likely to be recommended by 93% or more of the employees who work for these companies in 2020.
- Between LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Indeed there are over 12,000 open remote-based software technical professional jobs available today. Companies with open positions on these sites include Aha!, AutoDesk, Calix, Cardinal Financial, Chef Software, CoreLogic, Couchbase, Medidata Solutions, OutSystems, Qlik, RedHat, Riverbend, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Ultimate Software and many others.
- Working Nomads has 10,127 open remote-based developer jobs listed, along with over 1,800 in tech marketing, 1,700 in management, and just over 1,000 in tech sales.
These and many other insights are from a comparison of the leading tech companies who offer remote, work-from-home job positions today and their Glassdoor scores. Tech companies with open remote positions are compared on two Glassdoor scores of the (%) of employees who would recommend this company to a friend and (%) of employees who approve of the CEO. Of the many companies include in the comparison, PowerToFly and GitLab stand out as exceptional in their ability to create strong virtual organizations. They’re defining the future of work today.
PowerToFly was launched by Milena Berry and Katharine Zaleski in 2014 to connect Fortune 500 companies and fast-growing startups with women who are looking to work for companies that value gender diversity and inclusion. PowerToFly is building the platform to propel diversity recruiting and hiring. PowerToFly’s job search engine currently has 994 open remote positions. Founders Milena Berry and Katharine Zaleski have created an excellent remote-based culture where 95% of employees would recommend working there to a friend, and 94% approve of them as CEOs.
GitLab has team members located in more than 65 countries around the world and provides a Guide to Remote Work. GitLab has over 100 open remote locations open, and you can find them here. Open positions are in Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Quality, Security, UX, and several other areas. GitLab knows how to excel at creating and growing a remote-based culture, reflected in 97% of employees willing to recommend the company to a friend and their CEO Sid Sijbrandij having a 97% approval rating based on 125 ratings. GitLab is one of several remote-only software companies defining the future of work.
The best tech companies for remote jobs in 2020 table is shown below. You can download the original Excel data set here. If the image below is not viewable in your browser, you can see the image here.
Where To Find Remote Tech Jobs Today
- FlexJobs has 4,421 remote-based software jobs that include full-time, part-time, and freelance positions. Open positions include Senior Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Full Stack Developers, and more.
- AngelList has over 18,000 software-related jobs available, including 8,900 open remote-based software positions and 346 open remote product manager jobs today.
- 100% Remote! 13 Cool Companies to Apply to Today, Glassdoor Blog March 1, 2020 .
- 20+ Best “Remote” Jobs Websites to Find a Remote Job in 2020, Codeinwp, Colin Newcomer, January 3, 2020
- 5 of the best remote companies to work for, Skillcrush
- 60 Best Remote Jobs Websites to Find a Great Remote Job (Fast) in 2020, February 27, 2020, by Ryan Robinson.
- Best Remote Based Working Companies Hiring Now, Remoters, October 19, 2019
- Established remote companies, GitHub, March 2020
- FindBacon –Job search site that currently has over 1,300 open positions for developers, technical professionals, including web designers.
- GitLab – 100% remote-based company with over 100 open positions as of March 2020.
- HackerX – Globally-based job search engine that includes remote-based open positions across Europe and the U.S. There are open positions for Front End Developers, Full Stack Developers, Product Managers, UX Designers, and more.
- Jobhunt.ai – Site provides a list of remote-based machine learning jobs currently available.
- NODESK – search engine for remote jobs with 592 open positions as of March 22. 2020.
- Remote Companies Hiring in March 2020, Remotepl.oi, March 22, 2020
- Remote.co – Comprehensive site with remote job-search advice, blogs, and job search engine.
- Remote4Me site has hundreds of open remote developer, tech, and non-tech jobs in enterprise software.
- Remote-friendly companies list on GitHub
- RemoteMasters – Excellent site that is dedicated to promoting the adoption of remote work among tech companies. There are currently 1,721 open job positions that are remote, work-from-home based.
- Remotive – Currently lists open positions in 2,594 startups in the areas of Software Development, Customer Support & Customer Success, Design, Marketing & Sales, Product Management, and others. Remote provides an interesting feature on their site of reviewing how much Software Developers make, viewable here.
- SkipTheDrive – Excellent job search engine comprised of entirely of remote and work-from-home jobs.
- Stack Chasers – A Job board for developers made by developers, the site has open positions in the U.S., UK and in global locations available today. Current open positions show a strong focus on DevOps, software engineering, full-stack and front-end development positions.
- Stack Overflow – Currently has 312 open remote-based developer jobs.
- The 18 Best Remote Job Boards in 2020, Career Sidekick
- The Remote Work Report by GitLab: The Future of Work is Remote (18 pp., PDF, no opt-in). March 2020
- Top 100 Companies with Remote Jobs in 2020, FlexJobs, January 12, 2020
- Top 20 tech companies for remote jobs in 2020, TechRepublic, January 15, 2020
- We Work Remotely site has a broad base of open technical, marketing and sales positions open.
- Working Nomads site currently has 10,127 remote, work-from-home development jobs advertised. There are also 1,839 marketing, 1,760 management, 1,658 system administration, 1,469 design and 1,062 sales remote, work-from-home job postings today.
Originally posted on Forbes here.
You must log in to post a comment.