AI Skills Among The Most In-Demand For 2020
- TensorFlow is the most popular tech skill of the last three years, exponentially increasing between 2016 and 2019 based on Udemy’s
- Udemy sees robust demand for AI and data science skills, in addition to web development frameworks, cloud computing, and IT certifications, including AWS, CompTIA & Docker.
- SAP expertise is projected to be the fastest-growing process-related skill set in 2020.
These and many other fascinating insights are from Udemy for Business’ 2020 Workplace Learning Trends Report: The Skills of the Future (48 pp., PDF, opt-in). The report provides compelling evidence of how important it is to prepare workforces for the future of work in an AI-enabled world. Udemy predicts 2020 will be the year AI goes mainstream. The report states that “In the world of finance, investment funds managed by AI and computers account for 35% of America’s stock market today,” citing a recent article in The Economist, The rise of the financial machines. The following are the key insights from the report:
- Python, React (web), Angular, machine learning, and Docker will be the five most popular tech skills in 2020. TensorFlow, OpenCV, and neural networks are the foundational skills many data scientists are pursuing and perfecting today to advance their AI-based career strategies. Mastering those three skills is essential for understanding and developing AI apps and platforms. TensorFlow is a free and open-source software library for dataflow and differentiable programming across a range of tasks. It is a symbolic math library and is also used for machine learning applications such as neural networks. The following is a comparison of the top 10 most popular tech skills in 2020 and the top 10 tech skills that grew in popularity between 2016 and 2019.
- The top 10 emerging tech skills in 2020 will be web development, quantum computing, and Internet of Things IoT). Udemy analyzed the emerging skills that over 40M people are learning on Udemy today, and found that Gatsby.js, a new web development framework tool, is gaining rapid adoption. Additional web development tools include React Hooks, Next.js, and SwiftUI, a user interface tool for Apple apps. Entirely new skills, including quantum computing and ESP32, used in the IoT development, are also among the top 1 emerging tech skills of 2020.
- SAP enterprise software expertise, knowledge of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, information security, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 are projected to be the four of the fastest-growing process and tools skills in 2020. Udemy also found a strong interest in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Business Process Management (BPM). Robotic Process Automation (RPA) refers to the use of process automation tools to quickly replicate how human beings perform routine daily office work using popular productivity apps, including Microsoft Excel, databases, or web applications.
- Chef Software expertise, network security, penetration testing, Linux security, and AWS Certified Cloud are predicted among the fastest-growing skills for IT professionals in 2020. Chef software is prevalent in IT organizations and is used for streamlining the task of configuring & maintaining a company’s servers. Chef has invested in integrating with many of the most popular cloud-based platforms, including Rackspace, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, to automatically provision and configure new machines.