Machine Learning Engineer Is The Best Job In The U.S. According To Indeed
- Machine Learning Engineer job openings grew 344% between 2015 to 2018, and have an average base salary of $146,085.
- At $158,303, Computer Vision Engineers earn among the highest salaries in tech
- The average base salary of the 25 best jobs in the U.S. according to Indeed is $104,825, and the median base salary is $99,007.
- Agile Coach is the highest paying job with an average base salary of $161,377.
- 9 of the top 25 jobs in the U.S. this year are in tech fields according to Indeed.
- Five jobs are heavily dependent on applicants’ Artificial Intelligence (AI) skills and expertise.
These and many other insights are from this Indeed’s The Best Jobs in the U.S.: 2019 study released this week. Indeed defined the best jobs as those experiencing the fastest growth measured by the increase in job postings between 2015 and 2018, in conjunction with those offering the highest pay using a baseline salary of $75,000. Indeed’s best jobs of 2019’s data set is available here in Microsoft Excel.
Key insights from Indeed’s ranking of the best jobs of 2019 include the following:
- At $158,303, Computer Vision Engineers earn among the highest salaries in tech according to Indeed, followed Machine Learning Engineers with a base salary of $146,085. The average base pay of the nine tech-related jobs that made Indeed’s list is $122,761, above the median salary of $99,007 for the entire group of the top 25 jobs. Indeed’s top 25 jobs for 2019 are illustrated below in descending salary order with the median salary providing a benchmark across the group. Please click on the graphic to expand for easier reading.
- Three of the top 10 fastest growing jobs as measured by percentage growth in the number of job postings are in tech. From 2015 to 2018, job postings for Machine Learning Engineers grew 344%, followed by Full-stack developers (206%) and Salesforce developers (129%). In aggregate, all nine technology-related job postings increased by 146% between 2015 and 2018. The graphic below illustrates the percentage of growth in the number of postings between 2015 and 2018. Please click on the graphic to expand for easier reading.
- Comparing average base salary to percentage growth in job postings underscores the exceptionally high demand for Machine Learning Engineers in 2019. Technical professionals with machine learning expertise today are in an excellent position to bargain for the average base salary of at least $146,085 or more. Full-stack developers and Salesforce developers are in such high demand, technical professionals with skills on these areas combined with experience can command a higher salary than the average base salary. The following graphic compares the average base salary to percentage growth in job postings for the years 2015 – 2018. Please click on the graphic to expand for easier reading.